Re: More thumps.

>Are stock rocco clutches a bit
>tougher to press than, say, a Jetta of like year?

The clutch on my 87 Scirocco is definitely harder than the two GLi 16v's
I've driven (87 and 89)..

Do you get the thump only when you shift, or when, for instance, you're in
any gear, and transfer from power to trailing throttle? (i.e. take your
foot completely off the pedal or put it on)...  If it also happens then, it
could indicate any number of loose things in the driveline... my 94 Corolla
(don't say a WORD.. I no longer have it) did it, and it turned out to be a
loose strut bolt (at the top of the tower)...
	If it doesn't do it then, I'd have to say it's directly clutch or tranny
related....  but that's only my guess...  keep us posted.
			Jay