Re: I'm in some trouble

 The
>mechanic said he can't understand how the dealer that I bought it form was
>allowed to sell this car that would absolutely not pass PA state
>inspection.  I don't know if I should sell it or try and repair
>everything.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

	Make sure you have everything checked out by another mechanic before you
even attempt to make a decision... never underestimate the level of BS
coming out of a mechanic.
	Secondly, you're dealing with an aged car here... not something brand new,
so it shouldn't have to be as perfect as a new car. I got my PA inspection
done and they never looked at the car.  She said "How many miles?", wrote
it on the sticker, and said "stick it on the inside of the windshield
yourself, I can't be bothered"  Then, once you have inspection, do whatever
work is necessary... at your own pace...
	And isn't it a law in PA that a dealer cannot sell a car that doesn't have
inspection... you might be able to make them take it back.. How long ago
did you buy it?
			Good Luck...
				Jason