Update Strange and Serious problem and Need More Help!

Hello All,
	Thanks to all who replied earlier. Firstly a quick description.
I was experiencing symptoms of alternator overcharging. As per list
suggestions I changed the voltage regulator, that did not help, had my
alternator out and tested. Voltage is fine, but amperes may be low. So I
wirebrushed the contacts and tightened the alternator belt. The battery
electrolyte was low so filled that up and had the battery recharged.

After that the overcharging symptom showed up once. But now at this time,
the following is what I have diagnosed by myself as the cause of the
voltage fluctuaton.

I observed that whenever these symptoms show up now it is always the first
time I start my car and the coolant temperature starts warming up. If I
continue to drive with the symptoms they go away in about 5 more minutes of
driving. This was driving me insane. So I drove my car the other day for a
hour or so. Still no symptoms. Then I parked on my driveway and ran the
engine for another half hour or so revving up to 5000 rpms and then
allowing to cool down, still no symptoms. (Note symptoms include a ligting
up of the engine oil pressure dash light and the intensity of the glow is
directly proportional to the engine rpm. Also the headlights start to flash
brightly)

Symptoms reappeared today as soon as the engine warmed up for the first
time. I opened the hood. And the alternator belt was slightly wet and fumes
coming out form near the alternator/engine area. Putting two and two
together I am now convinced that the alternator acts up as soon as coolant
gets sprayed onto it from somewhere!!

This coolant sprays up only when the engine is cold and there is no more
spraying of coolant once the engine is warmed up. The alternator/regulator
etc seemed to be good all the time, but this coolant spray seems to make
the belt slip and also makes the alternator act up. I have already
tightened the alternator belt so that the belt squealing has been
eliminated. (This was another symptom that accompanied the others)

I am not able to locate any coolant leak anywhere after the engine is
heated up as evidenced by the 1 hour+ engine running and no fumes/vapor or
leaks detected.

But I can sure see the wetness when the engine warms up after I first start
up in the morning.

Now I am already thinking some kind of gasket is blown in the engine. Maybe
I have warped the head or something. Coolant level does decrease a little
bit over a period of time. But it is not disappearing too fast. I think it
is only the first time the engine is warmed up that the coolant is leaking
out. Once engine is warm/hot no more detectable coolant leaks. There is no
oil in the coolant reservoir. likewise so far I have not seen any frothing
from the engine oil cap area.

I am lost as to how to diagnose this without taking it to the mechanic. So
anybody here venture a guess/expertise. But I am already resigned to the
fact that I may be looking at an expensive bill to correct the situation.

This has caused me some grief, actually quite a bit now! All this after my
upper radiator hose burst on me. I know that could easily cause overheating
but I think I pulled out of the road that time as soon as I saw fumes out
of the hood. Maybe too late with that!

Thanks for your patience if you reached here. Any suggestions are welcome.

Pushkar Ogale