Re: FOR SALE: RACE PREPARED 79 VW SCIROCCO

That's okay Shawn, I was too busy looking at your DENT to have raced you.
 It would have been an unfair aerodynamic advantage anyway ;-)
  Some of us were talking about the fact that we have both had pretty
fixed up Roc's in San Diego and have never seen each other's cars except
at car shows and occasionally at the Q, when I usually go to watch my now
ex-roomie race his 5000 Turbo/ 4000 Quattro, which he is now trying to
sell.
  I feel your pain.  Only a couple of weeks after getting GLXTASY back in
almost show shape, and my girlfriend calls me at work and says that the
rear bumper was hit and run in the parking lot.  It has a huge White,
scrape down to the plastic composite of the bumper down the whole
passenger side of the bumper.  I don't have the $$$ to take ti back to
the paint shop, and don't want to place another claim with the insurance
company so soon after they just had to pay almost $9000 to get the car
put back together.  My $250 deductible would probably just cover the
paint and repair work anyways.
   Pissed off at the world, and hunting for a white bumper witrh black
paint at just the right heigth.  Sorry Mike, no part numbers to help
track this one down.
Ken Weidmann Jr
GLXTASY@Juno.com
Checkered Flag Automotive Components