Re: Welding up the diff.

OK wise guy,  :^)
If someone offered you a fully sponsored ride (towing,tolls, entry
fees, parts, repairs, get the idea) would you pass it up?

As much as you may bust on the dirt boys, I am living proof that
autox driving helps in ALL types of racing.  I use all the techniques
from autoxing on the dirt track, and I took rookie of the year
finishing 8th out of 50 drivers.  Things like left foot braking, seat
of the pants car control, anticipation and knowing whats way ahead of
you.  Get the idea.

Yea the "Big" boys run on asphalt, I guess us poor people have to
settle on dirt.  BTW, how well do you do in autox?  ANd do you need
special suspension to ride the earthquakes?

On 10 Dec 97 at 18:26, Shawn C Meze wrote:

> Hey Phillyman:
>
> I asked my grandpa what he does with dirt.
> He sez he FARM's it!  :)
>
> I kinda do hate the dirt vs asphalt battle. Who cares what you race on as
> long as your racing, period! They each require their own driving skills
> to be fast. They each offer their own unique aspects to racing. But if
> you wanna get down to the nitty gritty, ALL the big boys race on asphalt.
> ALL of them. End Of Story my racing brutha!
>

>               Shawn Meze
> 86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
> The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
> best looking Scirocco in all of San Diego!
> http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1308/index.htm

Ken Buck
Philadelphia Region SCCA Solo II Chairman
DSP 79 VW Scirocco- 94,96,97 DSP Regional Champ
86 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car
79 VW Scirocco rusty bucket daily driver
phillyscca@enter.net
Safety First, Fun Second, Winning a distant Third