Re: Welding up the diff.

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997 00:20:08 -0700 Iain Mannix <mannix@privatei.com>
writes:

>Dammit, just threw away the original message.  I'm torn.  The SCCA says
it
>is not "racing."  On the other hand, drag _racing_?  My basic idea is
that
>if drag racing is racing, so is ProSolo2.  If ProSolo2 is racing, so is
>autocross.  But, SoloII is not(?) racing?

Well, don't take this the wrong way but I refuse to get into the Lemming
mentality and agree with what the SCCA or the Insurance companies want to
classify it as. (Or the Government for the matter...)
I call it what it is. its racing.

> If you tell
>someone you "race a car," most are thinking about wheel to wheel.
>a snip
>goes beyond that, I first explain that I autocross, then go from there.

Right, and if they ask, I tell them what it is and what its all about.
Inevitably they do ask and want to know what you drive ect..

>I do not subscribe to the idea that one is better than the other - all
>forms of autosport are valid and equal in my mind.

Nor do I. I have my favorites but as we discussed before in that quaint
little bar in your home town, I love all motorsport racing. I'll pretty
much watch it all, whether it be swamp buggies to the short track
motorcycle racing. They all have their own uniqueness that I can admire
and respect. Its racing!  :)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and