Re: SCCA thread was BFG R1 Team T/A

Thanks, Iain, for the sobering but fascinating read.  It's nice to get that
occasional reality check.  I was starting to believe that a stock diesel
Rabbit could dust an F50.

 This year, he put the M3 in CSP, and placed 6th,
>which he was not happy with - the CSP BMW M3 was beaten by the Hondas, a
>Miata(which won), an a 79 RX7.  If an M3, an E36 car prepped well and
>driven by one of the all time best drivers in SoloII can't do it(this year,
>98 is another season, I believe he _can_ do it), do you really think a
>GTI/GLI 16v can?  I don't.

Aren't E36 M3's within spitting distance of Corvette performance?  How can
the universally worshipped M3, well prepped and driven no less, get spanked
by a Miata and Hondas (Preludes?)?  What is done to these cars?  You're
sure this is an E36 and not E30 M3?

Sorry, non-racer speaking but what is it about the X 1/9 and RX3 that make
them so competitive?  Is it their RWD handling?  The RX3 probably puts out
a lot of power but the X 1/9?  Is it because they have an "X" in their
name?  What kind of truck does Leicester campaign?  Thanks, benton-------