Re: exorcision of the vdub horn demons

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997 18:04:43 -0800 Jason Brunberg <stoopid@idirect.com>
writes:
>Hey kids!  here's my little prob for the day.  Every-so-often when
>turning the steering wheel with one hand (y'know...the cool way), I hear
>a brief *click* from the steering wheel it seems, accompanied by the
>horn startling everyone at the intersection or parking lot or whatever.

That's the horn relay warming up to sing a song fer ya. Sounds like you
need to clean the brass on the back side of the steering wheel. (That
means you gotta remove it from the column.) Clean the contact surface of
the steering wheel and the little tab on the column and give a slight
tweek so it stands up a little further and makes good solid contact with
the steering wheel. That should stop all that intermittent crap your
hearing. Its what I did on my GLi (Which, the horn didn't work at all
until I did this. I got tired of people pulling out in front of me and
NOT having a horn to complain with. Now I got me a working horn and
nobody has given me reason to use it. Damn!)
HTH!!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and