Re: exorcision of the vdub horn demons

At 18:04 12/10/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Hey kids!  here's my little prob for the day.  Every-so-often when
>turning the steering wheel with one hand (y'know...the cool way), I hear
>a brief *click* from the steering wheel it seems, accompanied by the
>horn startling everyone at the intersection or parking lot or whatever.
>	Mr. Fnugen has told me that he's heard of this phenomenon before, and i
>was hoping that someone on this here list could point me in the right
>direxion WRT fixing this minor annoyance.  Thanks in advance.
>
>jason
>the mad bastard

The horn ring connects to a plate on the bottom of the steering wheel, which
is connected via a brush in the steering column to the horn. I have had my
keys get stuck in there causing an embarrassing honk when I turned the key
on. Maybe some part of the turn signal or wiper switches is poking up and
hitting the bottom of the wheel?

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (Katy's car now)