Re: Delorian look alike?

> MK1 is much too short to resemble the Delorean. I just saw 2 upclose

The D is also a LOT wider, but about the same height,

> Of course the difference is the Deloren body is
> 100% brushed stainless steel (bulletproof)

Nah, it's not bulletproof. In fact, the alloy used in the D (SS316, I
believe) is more brittle than other stainless alloys, the better to resist
door dings with.

> and was built in  Northern
> Ireland with 100% drug money.

Definitely not. It was built with a loan from the British government,
which was never paid back, and is still in litigation. The drug sting was
a last ditch effort to pay back the loans when the UK began calling them
in.

> I sure do love those gull wings, and as
> soon, if ever! my bodykit is installed my next step is to convert to
> gull-wings.

Could be tough. That's where a LOT of the development money Delorean spent
went. The door is counterbalanced with a cryogenic torision spring,
essentially a bar of spring steel that is twisted, cooled in liquid
nitrogen and allowed to slowly warm back up to room temperature.

 I also saw a Delorean cruising down the highway a few
> months ago with a huge ass aluminum wing line the old formua-1's used
> to have on the back. Some old fart was driving it 10mph under the
> speed limit.

I would drive that way too. You know what a left front Delorean fender
costs? About $2500. There was a mixup in the inventory when a
consolidation company ran the factory to produce spare parts, and twice as
many right fenders were made than left.