Re: W8 Musings

>>Don't forget the weirdest one of all.  The "PRV V6", which was a 2.8-liter
>>V6 built jointly by Peugeot, Volvo, and Renault... used in the Peugeot
505,
>>the Volvo 960GLE (or something like that), and the Renault 25... as well
as
>>in the Delorean.
>

>I thought the Delorean mill was sourced from Buick?

Nope, Volvo V-6, and a rather weak Renault tranny.  IMHO, the PRV V6 is not
a weird one, it is a very conventional design, it just happens to have been
designed and implemented by three auto manufacturers with limited funds
(compared to GM, or VWAG) who wanted to spread the development and
manufacturing costs around.

>>Delorean, which, incidentally, EVERYBODY tells me my Scirocco looks like.
>
>Hmm, are we talking about the car with the gullwing doors and the stainless
>steel body?  I don't think it looks anything like a Scirocco II.  The
>Delorean is all sharp edges while the S II is rounded off.  Just my
>opinion....
>
>benton------

BTW, I think I'd smack anybody who compared my '79 Mk1 to that
cocaine-financed monstrosity.
My $.02.
ADP