Re: W8 Musings

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Jason wrote:

|	Then, of course, if you've ever wondered why the Isuzu Impulse looks so
|much like a Scirocco... it's because VW contracted out Giuario to design
|the car, and they changed their mind after they saw his design.  They
|modified the design slightly in-house (resulting in the Scirocco II), and G
|sold his design to Isuzu.  And, don't forget, he's also responsible for the
|Delorean, which, incidentally, EVERYBODY tells me my Scirocco looks like.

Gak. I just looked up some pics of Impulses. I see why VW rejected the
design....their FUGLY! Upon seeing the pics, I suddenly recall seeing them
on the road.  On one impulse homepage, the owner lists "Splitfire" plugs
as one of his mods. ;-)

Now...a Delorean looks pretty sweet...

~C

     Christopher Mende             ICEMT         O: 515-294-6738
     www.icemt.iastate.edu           @           F: 515-294-5531
     bayern.me.iastate.edu    Iowa State Univ    H: 515-294-6658