Re: New (Suggested repair manual)

> > Since I am new at all this I realized how little I knew about cars and
> > sciroccos in general.  Any one recommend any books (easy to read)?
>
> If you're going to be repairing your car (all together now):  Get the Bentley
> manual. ;)
>

> > SriRam
>

> ==Brett
Although I like Bentley too, I have another favorite for early Sciroccos: "How to keep
your Volkswagen alive : or, Poor Richard's Rabbit book : being a manual of step-by-step
procedures for the compleat idiot : Rabbit, U.S. Golf & Scirocco, the complexities thereof"
by Richard Sealey, published by J. Muir Publications. ISBN 091252876. Out of print but
amazon.com claims they can get used copies in 1-3 months.

The guy who wrote it is a VW mechanic so he has done it dozens of times and knows the
short cuts and potential problems unlike Chilton et al. Also he is not of the "swap parts
until it works" school. He shows how to do everything (including a complete engine rebuild)
for minimum bucks. (Halfway through the engine rebuild he tells you it is time to take
a break, have a brew.)  The illustrations have little jokes all through them, what a riot.
He makes very few assumptions about the readers previous knowledge starting out with a
chaper on how a Rabbit/Scirocco works, how to buy one, etc.

Anybody else have a pre-Bentley VW official shop manual for a Scirocco?