Re: That @&*^@# Shift Light

     I CAN'T RESIST GETTING IN ON THIS SHI_T LIGHT ACTION!!!

     IMHO:      The excellent German engineers who were forced to sting us with
     this "annoying" device at least left a silver lining or back door for those
     of us who drive like Nigel Mansel during each and every rowing of the gear
     box.

        If you drive HARD, and accelerate like hell, the light never activates
     and you find yourself in fifth gear where you will never see it!!  This is
     the back door, the designers put in the algorithm "NO LIGHT IF FULL
     THROTTLE ACCELERATION IS IN PROGRESS".  OH Happy Day!

        Of course this means that like me you will often be shifting from 2 to 5
     or 3 to 5, but you will have a HUGE grin on your face and never see MR.
     SHI_T LIGHT!  Besides you should be watching the road and the Tach. anyway,
     so you can shift before the power band slacks off, IMHO. *wicked grin*

        Frankly, I almost NEVER see MY SHI_T LIGHT and don't consider it a
     nuisance.  My advice on the subject: If you are catching too many long
     glowing views of your SHI_T LIGHT, drink more Surge or whatever you use to
     make you blood boil, continue drinking till the problem goes away.

     STEVE
     '87 16V
     SHI_T LIGHT operational, uncovered (nice tape story!!), what color are they
     by the way, I can't remember????