Re: rough idle when heater on answers sought

Jason wrote:

> Hey... it looks as though no one responded to you.. so I'll take a
> crack at
> it.
>         I'm assuming when you say "heater is on" you mean the blower.
> Fan motors
> like that use a huge amount of electricity, and my only guess is that
> the
> used ignition coil is no good- when it experiences the voltage drop
> because
> of the drain from the fan, it can't keep up.  Check the alt belt to
> make
> sure it's not slipping.
>         Good luck- and keep me posted- this one is curious!
>                         Jason

Hey Jason, got the answer.  This one was not my car, but my housemates
car.  He did the tuneup, AND DIDN'T SCREW THE PLUGS IN ALL THE WAY.
Sheesh, I guess it was easier than thought.  Got to get his front motor
mount done stat so he doesn't crack his cherry exhaust.

--
dharma

85 scirocco 8v (soon garaged for winter/restore)
88 Golf GTi (project started)