From: steven_b@smtpgate.bcsew.edu
To: <scirocco-l@privateI.com>, <sdimitra@gandalf.bio.uci.edu>
Subject: Re: That @&*^@# Shift Light
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 97 08:51:28 -0600

     I CAN'T RESIST GETTING IN ON THIS SHI_T LIGHT ACTION!!!

     IMHO:      The excellent German engineers who were forced to sting
us with
     this "annoying" device at least left a silver lining or back door
for those
     of us who drive like Nigel Mansel during each and every rowing of
the gear
     box.

        If you drive HARD, and accelerate like hell, the light never
activates
     and you find yourself in fifth gear where you will never see it!!
This is
     the back door, the designers put in the algorithm "NO LIGHT IF FULL
     THROTTLE ACCELERATION IS IN PROGRESS".  OH Happy Day!