Re: That @&*^@# Shift Light

On Mon, 01 Dec 97 08:51:28 -0600 steven_b@smtpgate.bcsew.edu writes:

>     I CAN'T RESIST GETTING IN ON THIS SHI_T LIGHT ACTION!!!
>     Frankly, I almost NEVER see MY SHI_T LIGHT and don't consider it a
>     nuisance.

Is this because your redlining every shift, everytime you drive or
because your like me and don't really notice the little light? The only
time I really ever notice it is when im in my GLi. But it doesn't bother
me since I don't have a phobia against lights and machines telling me
what to do ect. I know its only a guideline to help me get the max fuel
economy and not a light saying, "SHIFT NOW MISTER!!!!! DO IT!! SHIFT!!!
SHIIIIIFT!!!!!" Although it does remind me that I don't need to maintain
revs at 4,000 rpm while in traffic, so I shift. Fine, now i'll have a
little less wear and tear on the motor. That's not a problem.
I do remember a time when my shift light would come on while in 5th gear
when I had an 82 Rabbit. it went a way.
Its not as bad as being in 5th and trying to shift into a higher gear
because the gearing is so low. Heh, thanks to mr. 0.71 5th gear in the
GLi, I don't have that problem anymore. I prefer to do 80 mph at 2,700
rpms in 5th than doing 4,000 rpm's like the old .89 gave me. That's
another thread, isn't it.....

>     My advice on the subject: If you are catching too many long
>     glowing views of your SHI_T LIGHT, drink more Surge or whatever you
use to
>     make you blood boil, continue drinking till the problem goes away.

Heh! Yeah, what's gives anyways. Have you guys been drinking Mr. Mannix
coffee again?? :-D
Im kidding Iain!!!!! just joking!!! Im funnin ya son!!!! Lil' joke in the
morning!!
(OK, yes, I did get a new bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream for my coffee.
Mornings are fun again. HELLO WORLD!!! hic..)

>     STEVE
>     '87 16V
>     SHI_T LIGHT operational, uncovered (nice tape story!!), what color
are they
>     by the way, I can't remember????

Im glad you like the "shift light - fix it" I posted. Its yellow the way
my eyes see it.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and