Re: shortened shifter <whatever>

        I see what you guys are saying about the shortened shifter being a
detriment to a race car.  And if i was building a pure race car i wouldn't
do this mod.  I do autocross my car, and driving my car around town(and
driving it fast, quick shifts...) i havn't noticed any difference.  In fact,
for the position I drive, the shifter is now in a better place.  I guess
this could all depend on youre seating position, and youre body size, but
for ME it works better than it did before.  And it just looks IMHO so
stoopid with that huge banana shaped shifter.  After all, i still hafta pick
up the ladeez in my car.  ;>

                                Owen
                                87 16v chick magnet