Re: Throttle Body Hell (Thank You All)

I want to thank everyone that gave me suggestions on removing
that bloody bolt.  I ended up drilling the head of the bolt with a large
drill bit, and then pounded the head off with a hammer in small pieces
after cuting across the head with a hack saw.

	I swapped all of the linkages off the old throttle body and put
them on my new one.  I stole a bolt from my dad's scirocco and I was
good to go.  I now have the throttle body back on and everything put
back together.  I didn't notice until I had started to put the new one
on that it had an extra hole, from the side, going into the large
chamber of the the new throttle body.  It has a place to put a hose on
it, what this is for I don't care but after I started the car it
wouldn't idle.  After plugging the hole with, dare I say, duct tape the
RPMs went  up.  The car right now is idles at 2000 RPM.  It is way to
high but I'm kind of tired to play with that now.  I should have learned
how to adjust the idle before I started this marathon, Doh!  Anyway at
least the car starts, I must have done something right.

	To answer Shawn's question I have not put the exhuast manifold
on yet.  I need to clean it up a little before I put it on the ports
have some crud in them.  I also need to buy the downpipe so if anyone
has some suggestions on which ones are best throw them my way.  New
Dimensions has the techtronics one for $134.00 I think.  Does anyone
know what the difference between this one and the Autotech one is?

	Mannix I live Idaho, in a small town outside of Boise, the
roads are sanded in the winter time.  The car is from Bellvue,
Washington, the people moved to Oregon and then Colorado and later
Idaho, so I don't know if being up there in the moist air caused the
bolts to seize or what.  Thank you again everyone!

						Ryan Bailey
						1985 Scirocco