Re: Re[2]: Y'know what I saw that was funny?

> ...Your right Chuck, the only thing in commen was the engine. Chyrlser used
>  the 1.6L Rabbit engine in there older Omni/Horizan's, but none of the
>  body panels or suspension componets were the same...
>
> Whoaa - I'm not talking about the sheet metal, I'm talking chassis - as in
> the frame and underpinnings.  I noticed it when we had an older Caravan in
> our shop and it looked very familiar under there... it was just a stretched
> Omni!  Which is just a Rabbit.  I said Omni's are Rabbits like Sciroccos
> are Rabbits, clearly they are not the same - but they share the same basic
> structure.  You could even say (if you were so inclined) that we are
> driving squashed/shortened Caravans!  I don't know what years this was done
> in, but I'm fairly certain it was done at some point.  sz         :D

Nope.  The only VW part used on Omni/Horizons was the engine.  There
where 3 of these beasts in my family unfortuately, and I have to
admit I even owned on for a short time that I got from my sister.
The chassis is not like ours, not even close, unless you want to say
they're similar because they both are made of metal  :)

Rick
hugacub@whidbey.net
Richard.Lackner@entex.com
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg