Re: Dyno results: 87 16v and other bedtime stories.

SHAWN C MEZE wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Aug 1997 00:44:43 +0000 "Ryan Schuermann" <rts@phoenix.net>
> writes:
>
> >anyways I have a stock 1987 16v Scirocco w/ K&N and a modified
> >air intake (thats does not affect a dyno test)
>
> No, on the dyno the modified airbox wont show any results. Now on the
> freeway on a nice cool night, it will definitely show a difference if you
> were to have a rolling dyno aboard.
>
> >man when the rice boys hoped on with their turbos, and even naturally
> >aspirated...their hp and torque curves...weren't even curves..more
> >like jagged mountain peaks and valleys..they were all over the
> >page..messy messy messy. We all got a chuckle...even though they put
> >out 250hp at the wheel...it was all messed up and sloppy.
>
> Still, 250 is 250. Thats 305 HP to the crank!! Id say they were doing
> something right to get that much power out of a 4 banger. I wouldn't
> laugh.
>
> >On the way home I now realized why hondas/acuras go badgeless,
> >it's because they don't want us to know what kinda shitty car they
> >really drive..case in point..cruzing along in 5th @ 45mph, I see this
> >slammed 4door honda blow by me then slow down, I catch up to him
> >and am trying to see what I'm up against..cuz if its a vtec I'm not
> >even gonna bother..
>
> So if you know you cant beat somebody you wont even try? I don't care who
> im up against. I will give anybody a run, win or loose. So what if you
> loose, its nice to see what's on the streets. Ive raced a few Vtec's and
> even a couple G60's. I got smoked by the G60's (Buh-bye!) but the Vtecs
> arent that impressive. Ive even tangles with a few Vettes and Camaros.
> You would be surprised what you can do against some of these guys. Some
> of them automatics are limited to about 110mph and you can hang right
> with them. I've been complimented a few times by 5-0 drivers with just
> the fact I could keep up with them top end. (even pulled out and passed a
> few) don't be afraid.

	Haha!  No fear, that's what I like to see.  However, while I agree with
Ryan that I am wary of the VTECs, I also agree with Shawn that it's
worth a shot to go up against anyone.  You never know, maybe they'll
miss a gear by a sec and give you the chance to blow past.  Then you can
laff real loud and act all cool, and when they want to go again, you can
just tell em that one spanking is enuff for one day...

> >but I see a buncha punks in the seats and then
>
> Why do they have to be punks?

	Why ask why?  ;P

jason
87 16V