Dyno results: 87 16v and other bedtime stories.

Well Houston Dyno day turned out to be real good, look for pics
real soon on the Club H2O - Gulf Coast chaper page.
http://accomp.com/~ryan/h2o

anyways I have a stock 1987 16v Scirocco w/ K&N and a modified
air intake (thats does not affect a dyno test) The car has 107k on
the orig motor w/o any rebuilds etc. I did 2 consecutive runs.

umm well shit results are in the car..will be posted tomorrow.
anyways from memory, the best I got was 112 hp at the wheels,
which assuming a 20% loss from the engine flywheel I have around
134. Thats really good considering all I have is the K&N..and 107k
on the odometer. My torque was really flat from 4k-6k and the hp
curve was beautiful. All the GTis and Corrados were consistent,but
man when the rice boys hoped on with their turbos, and even naturally
aspirated...their hp and torque curves...weren't even curves..more
like jagged mountain peaks and valleys..they were all over the
page..messy messy messy. We all got a chuckle...eventhough they put
out 250hp at the wheel...it was all messed up and sloppy.

On the way home I now realized why hondas/acuras go badgeless,
it's because they don't want us to know what kinda shitty car they
really drive..case in point..cruzing along in 5th @ 45mph, I see this
slammed 4door honda blow by me then slow down, I catch up to him
and am trying to see what I'm up against..cuz if its a vtec I'm not
even gonna bother..but I see a buncha punks in the seats and then
I hear the punks rev it up and gun it..drop it to 4th..no still not
enough, drop it in 3rd..by that time they have 1/2 car length on
me...but by the time I got it to 4th I was already a car length ahead
and then put 3 car length on them in 4th...hehe they took the first
left turn they could!!!

I LOVE MY SCIROCCO!!!!!!!

thank you

Ryan