Re: Throttle Body Hell

> 	First of all mine would not budge. So I put more liquid wrench
> on them and waited, still won't move. I finally made a breaker bar
> (actually my old bike shocks, that's another story) and got three of the
> bolts loose.  Yessss looks I will have it done by tonight, or so I
> think.  The very last one, the bottom one nearest the front, decides
> that it wants to strip.  This is where I become furious.  I tried
> everything you would think of, and not think of, to get this thing off.
>  I tried fabricating tools to get this off and still no way Jose.  Now
> it is late and dark and my car is half in the garage waiting to be
> pushed in and I am pissed.  Not only that but I think I broke my finger
> too while using the hammer, don't even ask how I managed to this.
> 	Now I don't know what I will do, this is because I am very
> tired. I was thinking that maybe tommorow I will wake up with an idea of
> how to get that bolt out.  If you have any ideas of how to get this dang
> thing out please, please, please help me!  I am drowning here.

  Has anybody ever had those four bolts come off easily the first time?
I had the exact same problem as you. Instead of getting any further into a
messy situation, I bolted it back together, took it to a mechanic, and asked
him to just remove that one bolt. He had the same luck I did, but having
more air tools than I, he solved the problem by grinding off the bolt head. Once
that was done, the throttle body could be removed. With it out of the way,
there's more room to get something in there to twist the bolt out, or you
could always drill out the center of the bolt.
  Another approach would be to remove the manifold from the car. When
installing the larger TB, you get the most gains from it if you port match
the intake manifold to the TB. With the manifold off, it should be much
simpler to get out the bolt, and give you an excuse to port match the manifold.
  Before you put the new TB on, you might want to yank the idle screw, and
check the condition of the rubber grommet on it. Go ahead and replace the
grommet if needed before you install the TB. This will prevent you from
having to deal with the nuisance of a wandering idle.

Brad