Re: what i want for my rocco...

>Ryan Schuermann wrote:
>>
>> I would like  to ditch the leather shift boot and install a
>> carbonfiber/polished aluminum/gloss black (take your pick)
>> shifter track. Ya know like they have in ferraris and such.
>> Plus this will help me to make SURE I'm going into 4th
>> at100mph instead of 2nd. Anyone know of a place to get these
>> or am I destined to go to my local machine shop and have them
>> fab one for me? I figure instead of spending 45$ for another shift
>> boot....a 5x5 or whatever metal plate can't be much more if that
>> much!

	I seem to recall almost every road test of a Ferrari mentioning
what a pain in the ass the gated shifter is.  Also, I'm not sure if a gated
shifter makes gear selection more positive since you have to accurately
push the lever into a skinny slot.  I guess the only way to have fool proof
shifting is with an automatic or a sequential shifting transmission.
	I don't mean to sound so downer on your idea cuz I think gated
shifters look awesome but I'm not sure it they are the way to guarantee
against mis-shifts.  Of course I've never driven a car with a gated shifter
so I could be talking outta my poo-poo hole.  benton-----