Re: what i want for my rocco...

Ryan Schuermann wrote:

> I would like  to ditch the leather shift boot and install a
> carbonfiber/polished aluminum/gloss black (take your pick)
> shifter track. Ya know like they have in ferraris and such.
> Plus this will help me to make SURE I'm going into 4th
> at100mph instead of 2nd. Anyone know of a place to get these
> or am I destined to go to my local machine shop and have them
> fab one for me? I figure instead of spending 45$ for another shift
> boot....a 5x5 or whatever metal plate can't be much more if that
> much!

I don't think I have ever seen this befor, but it's an AWSOME idea!.
My guess is you will have to get it custom done (hey, I have some extra
fiber glass from my kick panel job...??? ='), but like you said,
you should be able to get a piece of metal for $45.  Let me know
what you turn up.   Since I am mailing you, Do you want to put some pics
of your 16v's stereo on my page?  I only have my car up right now,
and need all the content I can get.

> Ryan
> '87 16v Scirocco
> '86 8v Scirocco Rieger GTO/Competition
>
> ps. they now have 2 fulltime guys working on my Rieger Car..I expect
> to have some pics of it quite along its way by next week.

One day....2.1 16v, Turbo, NOS, 6speed with Quaife, Coil Overs, 17" ABT
wheels, Recaros, WAKE UP! Wow I love that dream ='), Anyway, I can't
wait to see the progress, I have always wanted to see what it takes
to do one of the Reiger kits.

Later
Etrik
http://activated.virtualscope.com/etrik/