Re: STRUT HELP!!!!!!!!!!

MIKE wrote:

>         I worked for four hours trying to install these darn strut
> cartidges into
> my rocco....the problem i am haveing is that i can not get the old
> cartidges OUT OF THE GOD DAMN HOLDER! (sorry) I can not get the
> "locking
> plate" (or so the instructions call it) off of the top of the strut
> tower.
> I got them out, I got the uncompressed, But i can't get that damn
> "locking
> plate" off. HELP HELP HELP!
> Mike Weiler

apparently, how it was explained to me by someone who has left Rapid
Auto Parts, ( a friend, not an employee now), the strut mounts come in
three different styles, some replaceable, some not, I don't know if this
is true, but apparently, others have seen it...anybody else out there
able to help this guy?
--
dharma

85 scirocco 8v