Re: STRUT HELP!!!!!!!!!!

> MIKE wrote:
>
> >         I worked for four hours trying to install these darn strut
> > cartidges into
> > my rocco....the problem i am haveing is that i can not get the old
> > cartidges OUT OF THE GOD DAMN HOLDER! (sorry) I can not get the
> > "locking
> > plate" (or so the instructions call it) off of the top of the strut
> > tower.
> > I got them out, I got the uncompressed, But i can't get that damn
> > "locking
> > plate" off. HELP HELP HELP!
> > Mike Weiler
>
> apparently, how it was explained to me by someone who has left Rapid
> Auto Parts, ( a friend, not an employee now), the strut mounts come in
>
> three different styles, some replaceable, some not, I don't know if
> this
> is true, but apparently, others have seen it...anybody else out there
> able to help this guy?

But in addition, you can put the strut holder in a vise and use a verra
large pipe wrench if it is not the grooved type of strut cartridge
holder or the kind with no threads or the kind that just doesn't fit any
cartridges in it...I don't know where you are located, but the person I
asked about it was a guy by the name of Dan Mrgatta, and i am going to
forward this to him to answer your question

--
dharma

85 scirocco 8v
78 saab 99L (restoring for headache)