RE: Thermoswitch investigation

If anyone out there has a torch or otherwise a controlled heat source that goes well over 100C and an accurate temperature measurement device, we could really put this question to bed and test the damn things until they DO switch (if ever).  Or just tear it to shreds and figure out why it ain't working.
Any takers?  Heck, if someone's got a "latent" switch out there, I'd be willing to test it for ya.

Darren