Re: Question on fog lights

At 20:27 8/25/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I had asked the same question as Ilias a couple of weeks ago and got
>the same response that Joshua gave from many different sources.
>However, I think what Ilias is looking for is info on how to wire up
>the rear fog lights so that you can switch it on/off seperate of the
>regular tail lights. Remember, fog lights should not be used all the
>time at
>night (unless you really want to keep someone off your tail), only when
>the conditions demand it. In Europe, you'd be fined if you had your
>fogs on in normal conditions. So far noone has come up with a setup
>for having seperate on/off fogs.
>
>Maybe some European list member (Jeremy?) can tell us how they operate
>their rear Fogs: Through the dimmer switch or through a seperate
>fog-light
>switch? Don't Corrados have two settings on their fog light switches?
>Is one setting for the rear-fogs?
>
>---
>K.B.
>'88 16v
>From looking at my taillight socket assembly, it appears you could cut the
metal strip 'wiring' to the foglight socket, then run a separate wire up to
a switch on the dash. You might have to jumper something to keep the regular
taillights, though. A Dremel tool with a cut-off wheel would work fine here.

My rear 'fog lights' are on all the time (21 watt bulbs!), and I have
noticed I don't get tailgated quite as much at night as during the day...

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (new paint!)
'58 Ghia Convert