RE: Thermoswitch revisited

> Are they supposed to switch at or around 212 F? Beware if you try this in
> Denver...

    Depends on what temperature is stamped on the side of the unit.  I
went from a 192F to a 180F unit so it can vary.  I believe it is printed
in Celcius so you will have to convert it.  Put it this way, if it doesnt
read near 0 ohms at boiling, chances are the unit is toast...

> Using some cooking oil and a candy thermometer might be more repeatable...

      Not sure about the oil, but the use of a thermometer might help
establish if it is switching at the right temperature.  A shallow pot of
water was enough for me to do my testing...

  Andre'