Re: Cooling talk....

On Sat, 23 Aug 1997 17:03:12 -0500 (CDT) Christopher Mende
<csmende@iastate.edu> writes:

>All this cooling stuff is great... oil coolers, aluminum pan, grill
>modifications, low temp thermos and fan thermos.....but....
>What happens when winter comes along? I assume most of us on this list
>don't have the luxury of a year-long summer... but if you do, and have
>a free room, gimme a ring! :)

Uh, I got a room but its not free..nothing in life is, really.....  : )

>I would love to try and lower the temp my 84 runs at, but I'm worried
>that when cold cold winter hits that it'll run too cool. I assume it's a
>possibility, or am I just smokin' something? :)

No, it will run just fine in the winter time. The thermostat will keep it
running where its soposed to be. if you get a thermostated oil cooler, it
will do the same. (I highly recommend a thermostated oil cooler!) If it
runs too cool then stick some cardboard in behind the grill to block the
airflow. I bet it improved the downforce over the hood too!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and