Re: A/C blowing heat??????

On Sat, 23 Aug 1997 18:22:12 -0500 (EST) Speriod Ducum <htay@indiana.edu>
writes:

>My A/C is starting to blow heat, the extreme left and right vents
>blows cool but the center two vents are blowing really hot air......
does
>anyone knows why?????

I dunno.

>Also my stick shifter has a LOT of free play.....  after i shift, i
>can still move the shifter to the neutral position.  should it not stick

>to the position that i have shifted to???????  is it a problem at
all????

>alfred
>85 scirocco 8v

Sounds like a combo shifter bushings and shifter replacement job. If I
were you (And I aint) I would drop the entire shifting system and inspect
the whole thing carefully and replace all of the worn pieces. Then
install all of the new shifter bushings with all of the new shifter
components and adjust it all up nice like the book says to do and you
will be very happy with what a tight shifter feels like. (Like a whole
new car!)
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and