Re: Shifter

On Sat, 23 Aug 97 22:20:04 UT "William Slayton, Jr."
<C-man@classic.msn.com> writes:
>Does anyone know of a short-throw kit for manual trans for sciroccos?
>Thx.
>Carl

Neuspeed
ABD
Eurosport

One of those 3 should work. I have the ABD short shifter with the
weighted shift rod on my Scirocco. It has a 25% 45% 65% reduction throws
and I use the 45% most of the time. The 65% tends to be a little to short
for comfort. The reductions are only fore and aft and not side to side.
I like mine.

I understand Neuspeed has both fore and aft and side to side reductions
of 30% and 50%. Its a bit on the pricey side.

I also have the Eurosport short shift kit on my GLi but I don't remember
what the settings are. I also have the weighted shift rod. I like that
shifter also too. Its very nice.
Shop around, see what you can find.
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and