Jetronic and other stuff!!!!

I was just stripping my 85 scirocco and i found that there was a box of
jetronics under the hood below the driver's wiper, anyone know what it
was for.  Also when i took out the passanger side cover under the dash, i
found another box, but this one was disconnected. it said 12v something
in german and it has a bunch of wires protuding with connectors going

when i was changing my cv boots today, the stock 8v ones did not fit, i
had to get the 16v ones.......  could it be that the previous owner mod
the car.......  but it seems to be a plain jane.......

alfred
8v scirocco 85'