RE: Thermoswitch revisited(Attn. Steve Toughhill)

Before this turns into a debate over words, might it not be possible to say that as your sensor gets older, deposits and other crud form on the thermosensitive parts just like any other form of corrosion/passivation and change the operating temp of the switch?  Sorry, I don't know what mine looked like when it was yanked, but I had the same 'turn on late' problem, solved simply by a replacement.
Darren

----------
From: 	Brad Sheridan[SMTP:brads@mindspring.com]
<...>
  They did point out that they can come on late if the sensor is covered
with goo, as Rick guessed. But this is NOT a temp variance due to "getting
old".
<...>
 If anyone else has any experience with thermoswitch failure they'd like to
share(and who hasn't?), please feel free to do so. Has anyone else noticed a
gradual rise in its operating temp? Did you check to see if the switch was crud
covered? Or did the switch just stop working?