Fwd: Thermoswitch revisited(Attn. Steve Toughhill)

---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Re: Thermoswitch revisited(Attn. Steve Toughhill)
Date:    97-08-25 13:16:33 EDT
From:    SCIROCCO87
To:      DLeung@mail.dec.com

<< Before this turns into a debate over words, might it not be possible to
say that as your sensor gets older, deposits and other crud form on the
thermosensitive parts just like any other form of corrosion/passivation and
change the operating temp of the switch?  Sorry, I don't know what mine
looked like when it was yanked, but I had the same 'turn on late' problem,
solved simply by a replacement.
 Darren >>

I have to agree with this one.  When I put my car back together after not
driving if for a year and a half it's fan was coming on way too late.  I
immediately went to the local parts casa and bought a new one.  When I took
my old one out it was crusty and corroded.  I could have gotten out the steel
wool and buffed her up but why bother.  Once it is out, you might as well
replace it.  Hell, you've already leaked out some coolant anywho.   It's a
pretty important part and was around $20.   It's a problem of mine....I'm too
concerned with doing things absolutely right on the first try.
DANMAY
8716VScirocco
83GTi