Re: A/C blowing heat??????

On Sun, 24 Aug 1997 kimike@burgoyne.com wrote:

|At 06:22 PM 8/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
|>
|>My A/C is starting to blow heat, the extreme left and right vents blows
|>cool but the center two vents are blowing really hot air......  does
|>anyone knows why?????
|
|I test drove an 84 Rabbit Convertible a couple weeks ago that
|blew hot air thru the center vents, too.  She was under the
|impression it was supposed to be like that.  I don't think
|so...

Now, I have this same problem w/ the center vents too. Granted, my A/C is
discharged (don't want to pay to fix/recharge it at this time...)....BUT,
when I have the controls set on VENT and on the coolest setting, the air
on the side vents is reasonably cool, though a tad warmer than outside
air, and the center vents are considerably warmer.

I also drove an 84 Mercedes for a while with this same vent config... and
same symptoms/behavior. And when you turned on the heat, hot air only came
out of the center vents....

... same for my rocco...  if this IS a problem, has anyone figured out a
way to fix it??  I've already ripped apart my dash and replaced all of the
vacuum tubes for the air control, as well as verified that the temperature
cable is shutting/opening it's little valve correctly...

In summation: I'm under the impression that this is how the setup is
supposred to be (?).

~C

  Christopher Mende        ICEMT @ Iowa State Uni
  Home: (515) 292-6658     Office: (515) 294-6738     "One, two, three!"
  bayern.me.iastate.edu    www.icemt.iastate.edu