Re: A/C blowing heat??????

At 06:22 PM 8/23/97 -0500, you wrote:

>My A/C is starting to blow heat, the extreme left and right vents blows
>cool but the center two vents are blowing really hot air......  does
>anyone knows why?????

I test drove an 84 Rabbit Convertible a couple weeks ago that
blew hot air thru the center vents, too.  She was under the
impression it was supposed to be like that.  I don't think
so...

>Also my stick shifter has a LOT of free play.....  after i shift, i can
>still move the shifter to the neutral position.  should it not stick to
>the position that i have shifted to???????  is it a problem at all????

This is the greatest thing about the 92 and older VWs!  No,
it's not a problem.  It's actually very easy to shift a
VW clutchless (especially 3rd to 4th), except of course
the sh*tty 02A transmission in the VR6's.  Practice this...
you'll be surprised how easy it is!  It comes in handy when
your clutch cable breaks...you can still drive the car home
to work on or if you're mechanically declined like me, you
can still drive it to the shop.  ;-)  VW's are the most
user-friendly cars...that's why I love 'em!  But anyway,
I'll shut up now.  Later...

-Mike
95 GTI VR6 <----sh*tty shifting!
92 GTI 16V <----smoooooth shifting  :-)