Re: A/C blowing heat??????

> From:          kimike@burgoyne.com
> Date:          Sun, 24 Aug 1997 00:58:15 -0600
> To:            scirocco-l@privatei.com
> Subject:       Re: A/C blowing heat??????

> At 06:22 PM 8/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> >My A/C is starting to blow heat, the extreme left and right vents blows
> >cool but the center two vents are blowing really hot air......  does
> >anyone knows why?????
>
> I test drove an 84 Rabbit Convertible a couple weeks ago that
> blew hot air thru the center vents, too.  She was under the
> impression it was supposed to be like that.  I don't think
> so...

It will blow hot air from the center vents if the A/C isn't working.
Check to see if the compressor's running and it's fully charged.
Another thing to check is if the heater control valve is closing all
the way.  My A/C wasn't working and it always blew hot air from the
center vents.  After getting the A/c working, it now blows nice cold
air from them.  Still looking for a can of R-12 to top off the
freon charge :)

Rick
hugacub@whidbey.net
Richard.Lackner@entex.com