Re: Weirdest damn problems...

The problem is that the printed circuit "board" is not exactly like the
one you are replacing.  The pin-out of the ribbon connector is slightly
different on many models.  The edge connector on the harness will need to
be rearranged to suit the new circuit pin-out.  If you are not in a big
hurry to fix it, I can probably walk you through the changes required via
e-mail this weekend.

Michael Daily
for sale: Used HP Laserjet III, good condition, $400