Weirdest damn problems...

Has anyone ever had this problem?

After getting another speedo unit installed I found out that when I turn my
lights on the tach cuts out completely.  Then, when I move the dimmer
switch that tach moves correspondingly.  Also, my blue bright indicator
stays solid w/ or w/o my brights on and cruise control only works when the
lights are on too.

I think it is the ribbon cable attached to the instrument cluster.  I think
the guy who put the unit in cut it or something.

What do you think?

Kris Tewkesbury
86 8v