Re: Mileage

Jason Brunberg wrote:

> Here's my ¢2 worth.  As you all know, I drive like a savage just about
> all of the time.  Which is to say that I have a very heavy left foot (as
> if you didn't know).  Anyways, I fill the car right up to the top and by
> the end of the tank, I usually get between 520-600km (325-375 miles).
> I've shredded and K&Ned my airbox, and I have no oxy sensor.  However, I
> still manage to fill the car up twice a week.  Those damned races...

Just a few words from experience.  Running without the OXY sensor
does nothing,  Way back when, it was thought that by doing this
it would cure the 16v's problem of running lean at high RMP,
but the truth is that all it does is make you car run rich
all the time (and it still runs lean at high RMP).  Unless
you don't have a cat, or just don't care too much, you
should hook it up.  The OXY sensor on my 87 16v was disconnected
by the first owner, and after I reconnected it the car actually
ran better and pulled a bit stronger.

Later
Etrik
http://activated.virtualscope.com/etrik/