Re: [Fwd: urgent message]

SHAWN C MEZE wrote:

> OK, here we go again with these so called e-mail viruses. Once again, its
> impossible to get a virus from a simple e-mail.
> If you were to get a virus via e-mail, it would have to be attacthed to
> the e-mail in some sort of .EXE file.
> End of story.
> I dont wanna hear nothing more of it. Aght!! Nothing! :)
>
>               Shawn Meze

Yes, you can't get a virus from an e-mail.  It is only text and nothing
else
(unless something is attached to it).  The only virus I know of that is
transmitted online is the java one (Yes it does exist).  If you happen
surf upon a page that is running it (and have NS 3.0) a java class will
start to search your hard drive, first thing it looks for is the
AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS, then from those files it can find your
windows dir, drivers dir ect.  But ehough of that, it has noting to do
with
sciroccos.

Etrik
http://activated.virtualscope.com/etrik/

P.S.
They have patched this problem in Netscape 4.0