Re: Hello List

steve theodore wrote:

> I have to agree.  I can go for about 350 miles with my stock 16V setup and
> owned an 82 8V previously that went only about 275 miles.  It especially
> surprises me because of the taller gearing of the 82.  But then again,
> Can't complain.

When my Scirocco had a 1.7, I would get 33 mpg on the freeway.  Your
16V  can go 350 miles on a tank only because it has a bigger tank('82
'roccos have a 10.5 gal tank).  With the 1.8 w/ timing bumped up and a
g-grind cam and close ration tranny, I got 22 (ack!) mpg.  At stock
timing, I went back up to 27 mpg...

FWIW,
Chris G