Re: 16v Engine swap

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997 19:11:09 EDT skerocdriver@juno.com (SHAWN C MEZE)
writes:
>On Tue, 19 Aug 1997 01:27:52 -0400 shikaroka@juno.com (T Jarrett)
>writes:
>
>>I have never taken the engine out the bottom, I have always pulled it
>
>>out the top with a hoist without any problems.  My fellow mechanic
>>buddy who worked at the same shop for about 18 years now, has always
>>pulled them out the top of an A1, I don't see how dropping it would
>be
>>any easier. I also always leave the transaxle attached and pull it
>out
>>as one unit.
>>This is not ment to be a flame,
>

>Right! Then how would you go about removing an engine without the use
>of a engine hoist? (or anything related) Thats where we get the thru
>the bottom method. :)
>

>              Shawn Meze
>86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
>The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
>best looking Scirocco in all of San Diego!
>http://www2.netcom.com/~trnsfrma/vws.html

I guess I have just been lucky to have always had the luxury of a hoist,
I guess you are right that without one, through the bottom is about the
only way.
Just a note, most places like Uhaul rent hoists pretty cheap, especially
if you get them for a weekend.

shikaroka@juno.com
82 Scirocco 16V (highly modified)
87 GTI G60