I must be getting good

Since this is my first year of owning a house with a garage, I've really
gotten into working on my cars.  Before, I'd always had to do things in a
parking lot, which really sucked.  Or I've had to borrow time in other peoples'
garages to do serious work, like a clutch.  But recently, I've been doing
quite a few major repairs and upgrades.  For example, just last night I dove
into a job at 8:30 at night that I wouldn't have considered while living in
a townhouse.  My 85 Scirocco has had a bad thumping and 'rushing' noise coming
from the front wheel area.  After pulling on the wheel a bit, it was an easy
diagnosis:  wheel bearing. I had the drivers side wheel bearing housing off
the car in just over an hour.  If I hadn't had to use the 2-hammer method
(if you don't know, feel free...) on the tie-rod end, it would have been
15 minutes sooner.  However, I don't happen to have a 4 ton press hanging
around, so I'll be dropping the housing and new bearing off to a trusted local
mechanic.  I need to have this car running smoothly so I can afford to take
my time with my 4 new CV joint R&R on my 16v.  Anyway, I was feeling pretty
good about my quick time on a non-trivial job.

Any more words on our East Coast get together?  Like when exactly?  It's coming
up pretty quick and I'll be on vacation for the last week in August...

Laytron!

==Brett