Re: Rear Fog Lights

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997 11:41:21 -0700 "K.E.Baddour" <6keb1@qlink.queensu.ca>
writes:
>Any of you folks who have Euro'ed your Roccos install
>the rear fogs. How did you do it?

Cut out the plastic openings and stuck in 2 X #67 bulbs. Wallah!

>Aren't the MkII's equipped for having rear fog lights
>from the factory? There's a spot for a spare bulb in
>the rear light carriers and a plastic bit which
>can be drilled out to let the bulb fit, right?

Yup.

>But is it wired to the front of the car, where it
>is just a matter of installing a switch? or is
>the rear fog install much more involved? Is this
>in a faq somewhere?

Its not wired into the front of anything. Its a part of the rear tail
light running lights system. No switch needed. Im sure its in a FAQ on
JANS web page, most everything else is.

>I know the protocol involved in driving with these
>super bright things on...but I have driven in situations
>where they are required (deep deep foggy highway in
>early morning in Newfoundland a few months ago where
>I couldn't see the taillight of the car 10m ahead of me).
>Thanks!

Thats why you use a low amp bulb. It sorta keeps the lights even in
brightness. I've had these on my car for the last couple years. Its only
a little brighter than the standard running tail light. Its the defuser
in the deflector that seems to enhance the light from the bulb.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and