Rear Fog Lights

Any of you folks who have Euro'ed your Roccos install
the rear fogs. How did you do it?

Aren't the MkII's equipped for having rear fog lights
from the factory? There's a spot for a spare bulb in
the rear light carriers and a plastic bit which
can be drilled out to let the bulb fit, right?

But is it wired to the front of the car, where it
is just a matter of installing a switch? or is
the rear fog install much more involved? Is this
in a faq somewhere?

I know the protocol involved in driving with these
super bright things on...but I have driven in situations
where they are required (deep deep foggy highway in
early morning in Newfoundland a few months ago where
I couldn't see the taillight of the car 10m ahead of me).

Thanks!

----
K. Baddour
'88 Scirocco 16v