Re: R-12

At 06:45 AM 8/15/97 +0800, you wrote:
>I just was wondering if they still sell R-12 in Canada.  Since we
>have several list-members north of the border, I thought I'd throw
>the question out.  I'm only a couple hours from the border, so it
>wouldn't be a big deal to go up and get some if it's legal.  TIA.
>
>Rick
>hugacub@whidbey.net
>Richard.Lackner@entex.com
>85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
>Everett, WA
>--
>

>R-12 is no longer made here but is being used until all stocks are gone
but there are some strict regulations about it. If you take your car to a
shop and they find a leak which you don't want to have fixed they evacuate
the whole system and tag it so nobody else is supposed to fill it again
without fixing the leak.
There are a whole list of requlations. I work for a GM dealership(I know
nasty words) and it is very strict how we can use it and when it's all gone
it's gone.
Don Dawson
87 16v