Re: Rear Fog Lights

At 23:32 8/17/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Yeh, I drilled my lens housings out to fit the rear fog lights.  The bulb
>socket is already there and wired directly in with the running (parking)
>lights, so if you factory light switch is on, then those rear fog light
>sockets are on. I used the small (lowest wattage) bulb I could find and I
>have the 16v smoked and striped lenses and it is still a little bright,
>but it don't shine straight like the running or brake lights, the fog
>light lens refracts the light in diagonal directions, but if you are
>setting about five feet or so back it does kind of blind you. But it
>still looks cool.
>
>But then I gave up on mine, I went through 4 bulbs(two each side) in a
>about a week and a half.  When it blew the second set I didn't put new
>bulbs in, yet. I am not sure why, if you have heard anything about this,
>let me know.
>

>Shikaroka
>tdjarrett@juno.com
>82 Scirocco 16v (highly modified)
>87 GTI G60
>72 Baja & Karmann Ghia
>76 Lancia Scorpion

I've had this mod in the '83 for about 8 months now, with regular back-up or
brake light bulbs (BRIGHT), and have not seen any problem yet. Bad sockets?
Cheap bulbs?

The part about blinding someone five feet back is good. I have noticed few
tailgaters at night since I made the mod!

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (new paint!)
'58 Ghia Convert